2017 PANTHER BOWL AUCTION
200 TRAVEL, RECREATION, & ENTERTAINMENT
400 FOR THE KIDS
500 SERVICES & MORE
600 SPORTS & MEMORABILIA
700 RESTAURANTS & DINING
800 HOME & GARDEN
900 PANTHER STUFF
1000 SPECIAL EXPERIENCES
1100 WINE, SPIRITS & MORE
Special Thanks to the Sponsors
of the 8th Annual Panther Bowl
Golden Panther ($7,500)
Valley National Bank/USAmeribank
Black Panther ($2,500)
Eisenhower Property Group LLC
Raymond James Financial
Panther Partner ($1,000)
Cherry Family Chiropractic
Friedrich Watkins of Tampa LLC
Panther Friend ($500)
Bank of Tampa
Butler & Boyd, PA
Love My Dog
Prepared Insurance Co.
Publix Super Markets Charities
Sample Plumbing Inc.
Southern Roofing Company, Inc.
The 8thh Annual Panther Bowl will be held, Saturday November 11th at Splitsville on Channelside Drive. Tickets are $75 each for unlimited food and drink & can be purchased online at http://phsathletic.wix.com/hbpaf#!pantherbowl/cfvg
or at the event. Additional sponsorship opportunities are available. Please contact Marcelle Smalley, Sponsorship Chair (813)731-2098 for more information.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
A huge thank you to the Plant Administration, the Plant Athletic Foundation, the Panther Bowl Committee, the team liaisons, the coaches and all the generous donors and businesses in our community.
Panther Bowl Committee
Tonya Hills- Panther Bowl Chairperson
Kathleen Purdy & Mary Ann Dellegatto- Auction Chair
Christy McGeachy & Lorrie Hamlin- Ticket Chair
Debbie Brock- Liaison Coordinator
Nancy Reilly- Marketing/Public Communications Chair
Marcelle Smalley & Lee Rogers- Sponsorships Chair
Karen Saunders- Sponsorships Chair
Pamela Jackson-Haney- Athletic Foundation President
Stacy Gramling- Athletic Foundation Treasurer
Thank you Plant parents and friends for supporting athletics at Plant High School and proving once again that we are number one!
Silent Auction Rules *
· All silent auction items have bid sheets attached or affixed nearby. Persons desiring to bid do so by writing their bid numbers and appropriate bid amount on the bid sheet. (Please do not move or hold bid sheets, or in any other way attempt to prevent others from bidding.)
· Each increase must equal or exceed minimum increment to constitute a valid bid.
· All sales are final. All items are sold as is and are non-refundable. PHS Athletics Foundation assumes no risk, liability or responsibility for auction items.
· No refunds or exchanges, please. Items may not be exchanged or returned to donors.
· Gift certificates are not replaceable if lost or stolen. All gift certificates and other service items (unless otherwise specified) shall have an expiration date of November 5, 2016.
· Values set for auction items are donors’ estimates.
· At the close of bidding, the Auction Committee will certify winning bids.
· The winning bidder will be identified on the bid sheet and should proceed to check-out. PLEASE do not remove the bid sheets. Your winning items and invoice will be available at the check-out table. Please do not remove any display items; only remove items purchased—if in doubt, please contact an Auction Committee member; transportation for auction items is the responsibility of the winning bidders.
· Payment for items won is due the night of Panther Bowl OR at second checkout, Sunday, November 12, 2017 at 3317 Jean Circle from 3:00 to 5:00 PM. Any items not paid for before November 12, 2017 at 5:00 PM will be considered a no sale and will be put back up for auction.
Live Auction Rules *
· Place your live auction bids by being recognized by the Auctioneer.
· The Auctioneer has sole discretion to determine bidding increments for each item and shall have the sole and final authority to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer or resell any item.
· Place your bids carefully. Acceptance of your bid by the Auctioneer constitutes a legally binding contract for purchase of the item.
· On the final call of the Auctioneer, the highest bidder shall be deemed to have purchased the offered item in accordance with all conditions contained in the auction rules, and the highest bidder thereupon assumes full risk and responsibility thereof.
· All sales are final.
Checkout at the Panther Bowl begins as soon as the auction bids have all been processed. You are encouraged to check out at the event and take your items home with you.
Panther Bowl will have a second checkout session for those that cannot checkout the night of Panther Bowl.
Second Check Out:
Sunday November 12, 2017
3 pm - 5 pm
3317 Jean Circle
Tampa, FL 33629
Any items not paid for by Sunday, November 12, 2017 at 5:00 pm will be considered a no sale, and will be put back up for auction.
* Please Note: As explained in IRS Publication 526, if you receive a benefit as a result of making a contribution to a qualified organization, you can deduct only the amount of your contribution that is more than the value of the benefit you receive. If you pay more than fair market value to a qualified organization for merchandise, goods or services, the amount you pay that is more than the value of the item can be a charitable contribution. For the excess amount to qualify, you must pay it with the intent to make a charitable contribution. Fair market value is the price at which property would change hands between a willing buyer and a willing seller, neither having to buy or sell, and both having reasonable knowledge of all the relevant facts.
The Cindy Ruff Memorial Scholarship
Cindy Ruff served as the President of The Plant Athletics Foundation for over four years. Under her leadership, the first Panther Bowl was conceived in 2010. Now in its sixth year, the Panther Bowl is a huge success and supports all Plant Athletic Programs.
Cindy was passionate about Plant High School Athletics and in particular the Girls Basketball program in which both of her daughters participated. She loved the program and enthusiastically supported it as an office assistant to the coach and as the scorekeeper at games. Cindy outlined her wishes for the Plant Athletics Foundation to establish a scholarship for the Girls Basketball Program to be used at the discretion of Coach Carrie Mahon.
The Cindy Ruff Memorial Scholarship has received many generous donations. The Athletics Foundation and Lady Panther Basketball Program are working diligently to make sure that her expectations are fulfilled. The scholarship will be awarded in years when there is an outstanding senior girls’ basketball player or players who exhibit impeccable scholarship, service, passion, and respect for themselves and those around them.
The goal is that Cindy's spirit will live forever in the Lady Panther players who earn the scholarship and that her memory will remain alive at Plant High School for years to come.
Contributions to the Cindy Ruff Memorial Scholarship can be made to Plant Athletics Foundation.
Panther Friend - $500
VIP Benefits Include:
Panther Partner - $1,000
VIP Benefits include:
Black Panther - $2,500
Golden Panther - $5,000
Premier Panther - $10,000
The Getaway Day in Paradise Basket
$2000 Beach Party
$2000.00 Credit for Full Bar and Full Menu(OR
CATERED)event at the Getaway
Have your Christmas, Birthday, or next Tailgate party, here at the Getaway!
Let us plan your next event while you sit back and relax!
Have as many people as you would like under our Tiki Bars
and our unique waterfront dining experience on Tampa Bay.
Weedon Island Preserve sits as your backdrop providing
you with real-time Florida waterfront experience.
Come by Land OR By Sea!
Subject to prior arrangements and availability
"PRICELESS"...the value of getting away for the DAY!
Lifetime Parking Pass!
Enjoy a priceless opportunity for every Plant student in your immediate family, current and future!
This lifetime parking pass is good for the entire time your immediate family has a student at Plant High School.
Buy this “Hang-Tag” once and qualify for student parking as long as you’ve got a son or daughter at Plant!
For the first year, the student will have a RESERVED spot in the student parking lot!
The Ultimate Green Bay Football Experience
Two (2) tickets to the Bucs vs. Packers game, Sunday, Dec. 3rd,
Located in the original “bowl” seating (same as it was in the 1960’s when Lombardi walked the sidelines)
Three (3) nights lodging for 4 near Lambeau Field in Green Bay,
(Home of Harry Mazaheri, pictured below with his son, and the president of the Green Bay Packers, Mark Murphy)
Scoreboard can be seen from house
December 1, 2 & 3 (Dates negotiable)
Guided Tour of the stadium & Packers Hall of Fame
including a chance to walk on the field (“Frozen Tundra”)
Guided tour of Green Bay
Invitation to the Ultimate Packers Tailgate – homemade brauts, Packers’ drum corps,
meet many of Green Bay’s finest
Signed Game Jersey of Packers star receiver #18 Randall Cobb
Plane fair is not included
Dinner of a Lifetime!
Enjoy a 5-star dinner with Plant’s Principal, Assistant Principal,
and your student’s Favorite Teacher at Ocean Prime!
Dinner for SIX(6) will be a special treat with administrators and faculty
that shape your child’s experience at Plant!
Dinner will be for:
Student, Both Parents, Favorite Teacher, Principal, & Assistant Principal